Saturday 23 December 2017

O/S Swivel Hub Back On

I've managed to get the O/S swivel hub back together and back on the Land Rover. New axle case oil seal, gaskets, swivel housing seal, retainer, top pin, bottom bearing, and fixings. I also fit new a steering lock stop bolt and plate, and jack stop (it's meant to be there..).

I still need to check the shims are set right by putting a spring balance on the steering arm, and I need to order some new nuts for the steering arm bracket studs on the underside. I ordered by part number from my 2/2A parts catalogue, but these parts were beefed up somewhere around 1966, and as mine's a '69 I need to order with part numbers from the Series 3 catalogue. I can replace those in situ when I get them in the new year.

Tidied up stub axle carrier and new brake shoes and cylinder also back in place. If things continue I could get onto the N/S before the end of my Christmas break.