Sunday 8 March 2020

Slow Winter

It's been a slow winter, I haven't done much on the Series 2A since the new year but now the daffodils and blossom are coming out I'm back in the garage.

I've put the seat base back in, save the tightening up once I know everything is good and aligned. The original seat belts are back in, the seat rails are painted and in place and I have a full set of 8-rib original deluxe vinyl seats too. I found the last one I needed, and outer base, in the back of a Series 1 pick-up.. which I might just meet again one day but that will be another story.

Today I put the new black and silver aluminium plates on. I like them. It's registered as a Historic Vehicle, being registered in 1969, so it is allowed period correct plates.

Pictures soon, once I've finished putting the interior back together and put the 2A 3-spoke steering wheel in. Then I'll fit the new, correct, alternator and fill her up with water to test the new water pump I fitted back in the autumn. If it doesn't leak the wings and doors will be going back!