Thursday 13 December 2018

New Fuel Tank

With both fuel tank outriggers replaced I was able to fit the new fuel tank recently. This went smoothly for me, but these reproduction tanks have a slight issue in that the filler neck is in a slightly different position. Because I was replacing both outriggers I was able to position it as I needed, but others have had to cut their tub about a bit to get the filler neck in position. Not good, and it's been going on for a while with no sign of the manufacturer of these tanks wanting or trying to fix the issue.

Spot the difference..
 The sender unit was so corroded the float arm started bending before it would hinge. The gauze filter on the bottom of the elbow pipe was gone completely. I ordered OEM versions of both and fit them as new.
Old fittings needed replacing
The new tank is on the vehicle now. I'm missing a photo of it in place at the moment, but it looks good.. :)