Sunday 12 November 2017

Progress Report - 3 Months

It's three months today since I winched this old Land Rover down onto my drive, so it's time for the first quarterly look at progress:

Dumb irons will need capping and + a bit of sleeve

Here's the progress I've made in these first three months:

  • Brought it home!
  • Stripped it down to work on and fit in the garage
  • Fitted new wheel brake parts (rear)
  • Fitted new bearing and hub parts (rear)
  • Tooled up
  • Passed a C&G Level 1 MIG Welding course
Now I'm set up and in progress and have what I need and somewhere to work, hopefully I can get more done in the next three months than in the last three.

Three months from now I'll be a happy man if I can finish the swivel refurb, fit the new brake and hub parts on the front, refurb the springs and replace the shock absorbers, and have made a start on the welding.. we'll see, best laid plans and all that. Christmas is coming!